Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Testing Games

This morning started good. I posted an article about a possible relation between Rooms and Pillar Mining and Software testing. I found some time to play a game on the Wii and now having a short break. With my thoughts partly on testing and partly on playing games, this though brought me to Google on games related to software testing. Here some I found:

Bug Fix Bingo by K. J. Ross & Associates
Planning poker by Mountain Goat Software
Non-approved test methods by Charles K. Kincaid

Perhaps you can extend that list of test methods.
While writing this blog I hoped I would find more examples. Unfortunately, I didn't. So here some thoughts of mine to use when you want to do something with your time only there is nothing left: Held a competition with your colleagues to check:
1. who is able to find a bug in already tested software;
2. who is able to perform as fastest a number of test cases from beginning till end
3. who found the most issues and present it in a fancy chart
4. who is able to construct a data set in such a situation that your colleague must use functionality to correct the data and be able to finish the test case.
5. Make funny photo's of your colleagues impersonate test methods

No comments:

Post a Comment